5-hour solo recording projects
About Peter’s Projection
Except for the two cover songs, I wrote and recorded all of these within the span of a few hours. They’re all pastiches, song experimenting with unfamiliar schtick and without too much self-seriousness. It’s my attempt at creating more spontaneity in my music-making progress as working within self-defined limits rather than the self-indulgent, unfocused mess that is the BDA.
- Saturday, February 25th, 2006
- Old Soul, March 3rd, 2006
- Amy, March 12th, 2006
- I Ain’t the Drunk I Used to Be, March 23rd, 2006
- Mad World (after Tears for Fears), March 24th, 2006
- I Will Make You a Beautiful Bride, April 3rd, 2006
- Crown Vic, September 18th, 2006
- Why Does the Sun Shine? (after They Might Be Giants, after Tom Glazer), November 16th, 2006
All songs by Peter Hassett except 5 and 8.
Fiddle on “Old Soul” and music box on “Mad World” by E. Delente
Tracked and engineered by Peter Hassett
All songs recorded at Blue Noise Studio in Frederick, Maryland, between February and November of 2006.